Daisy Christodoulou - No more marking demonstration and training
* All events will be by pre-registration only. This ensures that attendees are officially registered and that over subscription is managed.
About this Event...
Tuesday 2nd April @ 4.00pm to 6.00pm - Daisy Christodoulou
No More Marking demonstration and training.
What is Comparative Judgement?
“Comparative Judgement is an assessment technique which involves comparing a series of two pieces of work side-by-side to establish a measurement scale. It offers the following benefits over traditional marking and moderation:
- It is efficient: you can judge and moderate faster than you can standardise, mark and moderate
- It is reliable and fair: comparisons are more precise than absolute judgements, and you can share judgements across teachers and schools
- It is meaningful: you make holistic judgements about the quality of work to develop a shared understanding of what good looks like
Comparative Judgement allows you to assess work more accurately than traditional marking techniques. You will spend less time marking and get more accurate results.”Outline
The session will cover the following topics:
- How comparative judgement works, and how it is different from traditional marking
- A summary of the results from recent large-scale national pilots
- A chance for every teacher to judge Y4 writing
- Live presentation and discussion of the results from the judging
- How comparative judgement can be used as a replacement for traditional writing assessment
By the end of the session every teacher will:
- Have a basic understanding of how comparative judgement works in practice, and how it is different from traditional forms of marking
- Know what to do next if they want to trial comparative judgement in their own schools
Booking and Registration Information.
Booking for this event is now closed.