* All events will be by pre-registration only. This ensures that attendees are officially registered and that over subscription is managed.
About this Event...
Monday 15th October @ 4.30pm - Simon Hunt
Target Audience: Primary
Simon recently shot to international stardom as the dance floss teacher, although he does teach from time to time! He recently won the Manchester Evening News School Awards in the ‘Inspirational Teacher of the Year’ category. Simon is an SLE and Year 4 teacher at Tottington Primary School. He has also taught in Reception, Year 3 and 6 in his teaching career so far. Simon loves using technology and Skype, through which he has spoken to famous authors, experts and film stars, to give children a real purpose for writing and bring the world to his classroom.
Session Outline: In this session, Simon will look at how writing for a purpose is one of the best ways to get quality writing from children. He will share details of an exciting project he is now involved with AND share 35 hours of FREE lesson plans (including interactive whiteboard files, stimulus videos, project overview, infographics and supporting documents). Planning covers the following projects:
- KS1/KS2 Poetry performance and the importance of play with Michael Rosen
- KS1/KS2 Non-chronological reports: Environmental response
- KS1/KS2 Sports and Nutrition with the England Women’s football team
- KS1 Narrative - Superhero film trailer (in association with the Literacy Shed)
- KS2 Pupil Parliament - news reports/British Values supported by the Houses of Parliament
Finally, Simon will demonstrate some tried and testing exciting tech/apps/websites he uses to enhance the teaching, learning and engagement of pupils in his class.
Follow Simon here:
Booking and Registration Information.
Booking for this event is now closed.